Being the owner of a pet, it can be stressful to drop your pet at home while you are on a flight. American Airlines understands this and that's why allows passengers to fly with their furry friend without any hassle. Confirm your American Airlines booking with your pet and travel to your dream destination.
The pet program of the airline makes sure that you can transport your pet with confidence. When your pet travels with American Airlines, you can rest assured that they are in the caring and safe hands of compassionate team members of the airline. The airline agents treat pets like their own. Emotional support service animals and fully-trained service animals can fly in the cargo without any fee if they can meet the requirements.
Destinations that permit travel with pets
Flyers can travel with pets on most of the flights up to 11 hours and 30 minutes or on the flights from or to-
- Within the 48 contiguous United States
- St. Thomas
- St. Croix
- Puerto Rico
- Mexico **
- Central America **
- The US and Canada **
If you are traveling with American Airlines, you can bring 1 kennel on the flight as a carry-on bag, only if-
- Your pet can stay in this kennel during the flight. You have to put the kennel under the seat available on your front.
- You have paid the carry-on pet charge.
Passengers are allowed to travel with one personal item and a pet carrier if they have made an American Airlines booking, but not permitted to bring another carry-on bag. This pet kennel will replace your carry-on bag.
Guidelines related to the kennel of carry-on pets
There are some guidelines that are associated with the kennel of the pet that must be followed. Some of these rules are mentioned below.
- The pet kennel should be large enough that it can lie down, sit, turn around, and stand in a natural position. While doing this, your pet must not be touching the top and sides of the container.
- Soft-sided collapsible kennels are also allowed that are slightly larger than others, but make sure that it fits under your seat. This kennel has to be padded, secure, and made of water-repellant material.
- Non-collapsible kennels are also needed to meet the under-seat dimensions. Reach out to the reservation desk of the airline to learn about the maximum dimensions of the pet kennel.
Confirm your American Airlines booking and have a stress-free journey with your pet.
See more :